Tel: 0800 008 710
Tel: 0800 008 710
0861 868 243 (Reception)
Songimvelo Game Reserve
Google GPS Coordinates
- Songimvelo Game Reserve is approximately 3.5 – 4 hours’ drive from Johannesburg
- All guests should ensure that they are at the Reserve gate at exactly 14:00 on the day of check-in (Tour groups – please refer to the time your guide provided). Guests are only picked up once a day and aren’t able to drive themselves to the Lodge. This is due to conditions of the road and general wildlife safety rules
- Your vehicle will be left in secure parking for the duration of your stay
- Humala River Lodge staff will pick you up at 14:00 in a game drive vehicle (or at the time arranged for tour groups) and take you to the Lodge.
Johannesburg via Machadodorp
- Travel to Machadodorp on the N4
- Travel through Machadodorp (follow signs) to Badplaas.
- Go down Skurweberg pass and turn right at T-junction – direction Badplaas. Please watch your speed as there are speed traps.
- On your left is the Cradle of Life building and a filling station. Watch your speed – speed traps
- Continue for 4,7 km and turn left, after you had crossed a bridge – road signs will say Lochiel, Mbabane – R541. Big speed bumps after turn-off
- Continue on this road for aprox 20.4 km, then you wil enter the town called Elukwatini – keep to the speed 60km/h. Pass through the town. 2 stop streets in town (Elukwatini – S26˚02.435’E30’47.549’)
- In this section are roadworks, thus detours. (to be completed in March 2016). Just follow the detour – it will take you through a residential area, typical rural town- it is a good gravel road. Just be careful for speed bumps in the road
- After 13 km you wil turn left – you are in Mooiplaas settlement. There is a white sign on your left indicating Songimvelo Reserve (S26˚03.739’E30˚53.173’)
- Follow this gravel road for aprox 5 km – you are at the Songimvelo gate